What we love about Friendly
Their products are no-nonsense, no ‘fancy packaging’. Yet the care and attention that’s gone into their making, belies the simplicity of the marketing.
This particular Lavender and Tea Tree conditioner bar contains cocoa butter and castor oil to leave your hair soft, free of frizz and feeling fuller. This is balanced with the essentials oils: lavender to relax your scalp and the anti-fungal tea tree to gently cleanse and moisturise.
Friendly recommend mixing your bar with 600ml of boiling water. Once dissolved, it will create a wonderful and natural liquid that you can then decant into a recycled storage bottle!
How it’s good for the planet
- The ingredients are totally natural – castor oil has been used for centuries as a natural hair conditioner and scalp treatment.
- It’s 100% plastic free.
- Rob & Geoff use the ancient cold-process method of soap making, which creates a biodegradable soap with zero by-products. There is literally no waste.
- You’re buying local – every bar of Friendly soap is made entirely by hand in the U.K.
- All products are ethically sourced.
- Shea Butter is bought from a women’s worker cooperative in Ghana and the Coconut Oil is not produced using slave monkeys to pick the fruit.
- Friendly are continuously evaluating their production methods and working practices. Their goal is to arrive at a total zero-impact products, but they never take their current status as sufficient.
- N.B. one of the key ingredients to this bar contains tiny traces of auditable palm oil. Friendly are looking for alternatives as quickly as possible, so they’ll soon be 100% palm oil free
Who backs up the claims?
Friendly Soaps are registered with The Vegan Society, Cruelty Free International and have a ‘Best’ rating with Ethical Consumer.
Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Ricinus communis (Castor) oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender essential oil contains linalool, limonene, geraniol), Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree essential oil contains limonene).